Timing System Operator Certification
- Age - 18 years or older
- Attend a PVS conducted Electronic Timing System (ETS) Operator Clinic)
- Register as a USA Swimming Official
(must be a registered USA Swimming Official in good standing before beginning on-deck apprentice sessions)
- Serve as an apprentice with an ETS Operator(who has been certified for at least one year) at a minimum of five (5) sessions.
The five sessions must be at a minimum of two different PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
meets* and with at least two different mentors.
- Perform to the satisfaction of the ETS Mentor at each session and have such performance
reported to PVS on the PVS ETS Operator Evaluation Form.
- Work independently and demonstrate all the required skills at the last apprentice (evaluation) session.
The evaluation session must
be at a meet using automatic timing (touchpads). Your evaluation will be recorded
by a designated PVS evaluator.
Prior to setting up the evaluation session, the apprentice must submit the
PVS Officials Evaluation Readiness Request Form
to the PVS Certification Officer to ensure that all pre-evaluation requirements have been met and receive confirmation back.
will be recorded on the ETS Operator Evaluation Form.
- Complete certification requirements within one year from date of ETS clinic.
- Certification is good until the December 31 following three years after the date of issuance.
- Work at least four sessions per year as an ETS Operator at PVS-sanctioned
meets. Two of those sessions may be as a Hy-Tek Operator.
Of the total session worked per year in all positions, a minimum of four must be
at PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying meets.
- Submit the online
Officials Recertification Request
- Recertification is good for three years after the date your prior certification expired.
* Excludes observed and approved meets, such as high school, college, and masters