Hy-Tek Operator Certification
- Age - 18 years or older
- Attend a PVS conducted Hy-Tek Computer Operator Clinic
- Register as a USA Swimming Official
(must be a registered USA Swimming Official in good standing before beginning on-deck apprentice sessions)
- Serve as an apprentice with a Hy-Tek Operator (who has been certified for at least one year) at a minimum of five (5) sessions.
The five sessions must be at a minimum of two different PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
meets* and with at least two different mentors.
- Perform to the satisfaction of the Hy-Tek Mentor at each session and
have such performance reported to PVS on the PVS Hy-Tek Operator Evaluation Form.
- Work independently and demonstrate all the required skills
at the last apprentice (evaluation) session. The evaluation session must be at a meet using
automatic timing (touchpads).
Prior to setting up the evaluation session, the apprentice must submit the
PVS Officials Evaluation Readiness Request Form
to the PVS Certification Officer to ensure that all pre-evaluation requirements have been met and receive confirmation back.
Your evaluation will be recorded
by a designated PVS evaluator. The evaluation
will be recorded on the Hy-Tek Operator Evaluation Form.
- Complete certification requirements within one year from date of the Hy-Tek clinic.
- Certification is good until the December 31 following three years after the date of issuance.
- Work at least four sessions per year as an Hy-Tek Operator at PVS-sanctioned
meets. Two of those sessions may be as a Timing System Operator.
Of the total session worked per year in all positions, a minimum of four must be
at PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying meets.
- Submit the online
Officials Recertification Request
- Recertification is good for three years after the date your prior certification expired.
* Excludes observed and approved meets, such as high school, college, and masters