Timing System Operator Certification
- Age - 18 years or older
- Attend a PVS conducted Electronic Timing System (ETS) Operator Clinic)
- Register as a Non-Athlete Member with USA Swimming
- Serve as an apprentice with an ETS Operator(who has been certified for at least one year) at a minimum of five (5) sessions.
The five sessions must be at a minimum of two different PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
meets* and with at least two different mentors.
- Perform to the satisfaction of the ETS Mentor at each session and have such performance
reported to PVS on the PVS ETS Operator Evaluation Form.
- Work independently and demonstrate all the required skills at the last apprentice (evaluation) session.
The evaluation session must
be at a meet using automatic timing (touchpads). Your evaluation will be recorded
by a designated PVS evaluator. The evaluation
will be recorded on the ETS Operator Evaluation Form.
- Complete certification requirements within one year from date of ETS clinic.
- Certification is good until the December 31 following three years after the date of issuance.
- Work at least four sessions per year as an ETS Operator at PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
meets*. Two of those sessions may be as a Hy-Tek Operator
- Submit the online
Officials Recertification Request
- Recertification is good for three years after the date your prior certification expired.
* Excludes observed and approved meets, such as high school, college, and masters