Hy-Tek Operator Certification
- Age - 18 years or older
- Attend a PVS conducted Hy-Tek Computer Opertaor Clinic
- Register as a Non-Athlete Member with USA Swimming
- Serve as an apprentice with a Hy-Tek Operator (who has been certified for at least one year) at a minimum of five (5) sessions.
The five sessions must be at a minimum of two different PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
- Evaluated to have performed in at least a satisfactory manner at each session by the supervising Hy-Tek Operator
and Referee and such performance is reported on the PVS Official's Certification Application Form.
- Work independently and demonstrate all the required skills
at the last training session. The training session must be at a meet using
electronic timing. Your evaluation will be recorded
by a designated PVS evaluator. The evaluation
will be recorded on the Hy-Tek Operator Evaluation Form.
- Complete certification requirements within one year from date of the Hy-Tek clinic.
- Certification is good until the December 31 following three years after the date of issuance.
- >Work at least four sessions per year as an Hy-Tek Operator at PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
meets*. Two of those sessions may be as a Timing System Operator
- Submit the online
Officials Recertification Request
- Recertification is good for three years after the date your prior certification expired.
* Excludes observed and approved meets, such as high school, college, and masters